To provide care, comfort and compassion to the individuals, families and communities we are honored and privileged serve.
Care Synergy was formed in 2014 thanks to the vision of the Board of Directors of The Denver Hospice. Care Synergy is the largest end-of-life care network along the Front Range. Care Synergy provides mission support services to a growing family of preeminent not-for-profit, mission driven and community-based hospice, palliative care and post-acute care providers serving the Front Range.
Care Synergy’s Affiliates continue to operate as distinct not-for-profit, mission-driven hospice and palliative care providers. At the same time Care Synergy Affiliate members are working together to share resources and best practices to meet the needs of the communities we serve along the Front Range for quality, compassionate, timely hospice and palliative care.
Care Synergy’s Affiliates include:
- Halcyon Hospice and Palliative Care
- Pathways Hospice and Palliative Care
- The Denver Hospice and Optio Health Services
Care Synergy benefits Affiliates by:
- Expanding and advancing quality programs and services available for our communities.
- Sharing and adopting best practices to improve clinical care and patient/family outcomes
- Achieving efficiencies and economies of scale not available to stand-alone not-for-profit community-based hospice and palliative care providers
- Enabling Care Synergy affiliates to build effective and broad-based relationships with local, regional and national payors and health systems
Core values Our values underlie our daily work, how we interact with each other, and how we fulfill our mission.
Positivity – Embracing positivity and celebrating successes in our journey to achieve big.
Excellence – Giving the best and world class service and achieving excellence each day.
Collaboration – Collaborating within and outside our organization to give the best to communities we serve.
Openness – Willing to change the way we deliver the best and unmatched care.
Support – Supporting self and others and maintain an environment of team work.
Growth – Performing at our very best to meet end-of-life care needs for more Coloradans.
Innovation – Uncovering new creative ideas that have the potential to change healthcare.
Care Synergy better positions affiliate organizations to:
• Expand our geographic footprint of care delivery
• Share best practices and care for more Coloradans
• Be better positioned to meet the continuing changes in healthcare
- Improving Quality Care and Patient/Family Outcomes
- Maximizing Quality Operationgal Economies and Efficiencies
- Optimizing Strategic Positioning
- Continuing Growth
- Ensuring Sustainability
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors oversees operations for Care Synergy’s affiliate members and how to best serve Colorado’s front range. The board meet regularly with executive management to set strategic goals and ensures growth and sustainability of the organization. Jim Burke, Chairman
Tim Bowen, President and CEO
John Horan, Vice Chairman
Wayne G. Nielsen, Treasurer
Adel Phelan, Secretary
Dr. David Scanavino